The behaviors that you have during the day can actually impact your sleep. It can also promote healthy sleep or cause your grogginess through the day.
Your routines what you eat, drink, medications, how your day is schedule, and how your evenings are spent can affect the quality of your sleep. Just a few adjustments can help go from a sleepless night to a sound sleep. Below are some tips on good sleep habits.
- Keep a consistent sleeping schedule. Be sure you are waking up and going to bed at the same time, even during vacations and on the weekends.
- Set a bedtime that would let you get about 7 hours of sleep.
- Don’t lay down to go to bed, unless you are sleepy.
- If you aren’t asleep in 20 minutes, get up out of bed.
- Start a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Only use your bed for sex and sleep.
- Ensure that your bedroom is relaxing and quiet. Keep your room at a cool, comfortable temperature.
- Limit the exposure to light during the evening.
- Limit your exposure to electronic devices during the day and make sure that you are away from electronics for at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Don’t eat large meals right before bed. If you get hungry, eat something light and healthy.
- Exercise daily.
- Avoid caffeine in the evening or late afternoon.